Monday, May 18, 2009

Magazine Reflection: In The Beginning

During the process of making this magazine, getting myself started and time management were the things that I had no problem with. I knew what I wanted to do right from the beginning, and when there were drafts to be written and revisions to be made, I always managed my time so that not a second was wasted. I always made sure I had some sort of long term plan, as well as goals for what I wanted to get done by the end of the day.

Although I was very time effective with my revisions, I still had some problems in terms of critiques and revisions. I originally thought both of the papers I wrote were great, but then I would give them out to get critiqued and they would come back to me all marked up. It was a problem for me to take all of the advice, since at first I strongly disagreed with some of it. I would work past this by going to the person and asking them why they did what they did, and debating until we came to an agreement. There were also times when something was majorly wrong, but it was something that some people didn't catch, and it was only after I cleared through all the rest of the little problems that the big one actually stood out. Once that was done however, I just needed to spend some time making the changes, and I was all set.

My main example for work (since it was one of my main sources for one of my articles) was Chandler's article, because it was incredibly well written, and depended on facts, sources, and logic. It (as well as Randy) taught me to get to my point quickly, and make sure I follow the rules of professional writing. I had to make sure each word, sentence, and paragraph, flowed from one to the next. Once I had this done, I had my final product.

No comments: