Tuesday, September 23, 2008

7: De Creme Da La Creme Und De Escargo

In my blogs, I am most proud of the way I can show my bias, and convey my side to the audience, while still keeping a fair balance in the article. I make sure I show and explain both sides, and I make sure to do so in such a way that everyone reading the article can find something to like/agree with about it. Towards the end is where I really show my stance, and explain why.

For future blogs, I plan to improve the level at which I write, along with the amount. Although I did win 1st place for "Most Informative Blog" in the first ever Bloggies, I still feel like there is always room for improvement. I can make my writing more fluent - make it seem like I'm not just answering a prompt. Also, although it may be a bit extensive to do this every time, I can also try responding to my peers blogs every once in a while, and also try for finding any biases or patterns in the articles I'm reading.

Blogging has not greatly impacted my overall understanding of U.S. history and current events, but it does give me an idea of the specific things happening here in the U.S., and gives me a sort of insight that I would never have had otherwise. I still don't learn all the textbook things that I need to, (although when doing a blog about one of those things, it helps to reinforce it), but I do get a feel for how things work, and I feel like I have learned something new every time I finish. I have gotten a much greater insight on politics, mainly on what to look for in candidates, and what they say really means. I've also learned the extent to which the media can stretch things, and that nothing they say should be taken too literally.

No comments: