Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Internship!

Today, I started my internship. My internship is with an organization called JITLI, created by Gary and Jerri-Ann Jacobs. They take 20 Jews and 20 Palestinians to San Diego, Spain, and Israel, and teach them to get along. My task is to edit the footage from their 2008 trip into a documentary. The day went great - exactly as I planned. I started my internship 2 weeks ago, so I was already acclimated to it. My mentor came and helped me edit and plan.

I got my internship when I was called into Dawn's office, and I met with her, Mr. Kuhl, and Margaret. They told me that the previous editor of the documentary was no longer able to take on the task, so they asked me if I would be interested. After a day of thinking it over, I said yes.

Once my mentor got to my school, we did a little work, and then went to panera for lunch. Since I had already had the school lunch, he bought himself a sandwitch, and got me a bagel and cream cheese. The bagel was chocolate chip, and the spread was hazelnut.

Since I started my internship at noon instead of 1:00, I was able to finish right when school ended. This meant that I was able to go home with my carpool, like I usually do.

Everything went fine - I feel like I got a lot done, and I was really in my element. I really like being in an internship which completely revolves around my ideas.

No comments: