Friday, February 27, 2009

Internship Immersion!

For my immersion experience, I am most excited about actually getting time in to full on edit the documentary I am working on. I am also excited because I have been working really hard to get everything scripted, planned, filmed, captured, and sorted, organized on the timeline, and now that everything is finally in place, I can start my official work. I feel this way because I have been waiting a long time to actually be able to get to the stage I am at now, and I was worried that I wouldn't get here. The fact that immersion is right at this point in time works out perfectly, because now I can do what I need to do.

I am most concerned about finishing. Last night, I actually managed to sit down and finish 2 minutes of the documentary, over the course of 2 hours. So the fact that I have 70 hours of immersion and 58 more minutes to edit together takes away a lot of the stress, but there is still the worry that something could go wrong. I still have 5 tapes to capture, and 2 interviews to tape. That takes about 7 more hours. Plus, I need to organize a soundtrack. That could easily be another 5 hours. That leaves me with about 58 hours to edit 58 minutes. So, I should be able to pull it off, but I'll need to move swiftly and be at the top of my game.

Pictures:
http://www.variety.com/rbidata/photogallery/variety/6341.jpg
http://www.lorenzopisoni.com/images/Gatsby-Tux.jpg
http://www.tampatheatre.org/MediaPage/My%20Fair%20Lady%20Color%20Audrey.jpg

No comments: